|Energy||80 ( )|
Light Sticky Grenade
Extended Fractal Grenade
Heavy Shield Pack
The Brute is a heavy class, capable of both defense and Heavy Offense. Equipped with a Heavy Spinfusor, Gladiator, or Devastator Spinfusor, he can deal massive damage to his enemies at medium range. If an opponent does get too close, a shot from the Automatic Shotgun or The Hammer can quickly eliminate them. The Plasma Cannon is also a viable option if used in the right hands. The Brute has to be creative when standing on the flag (HoF), since he will have mid-air shots, body blocks and his grenades to deter incoming foes. The Nova Colt is a powerful replacement for the shotguns; better suited for longer range damage and ideal for finishing off opponents.
Some of this class' favorite weapons are the powerful (and widely popular) Fractal Grenades and Extended Fractals. The Fractal Grenade deals damage to an area over time and can be deadly indoors. The Extended Fractal Grenade, though dealing slightly less damage, has effects that last longer and are better suited for area denial. Brutes have another belt option as well; the Light Sticky Grenade allows the Brute to deal a large amount of damage to the enemy base. Though these grenades are often overshadowed by the Infiltrator's Sticky Grenades, they are still able to wreck havoc on enemy generators, turrets, and radar.
A Brute can choose between the Energy Pack, providing him with more maneuverability, the Shield Pack, absorbing more damage and keeping himself alive longer, or the Survival Pack, which gives is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, increasing health by 200, run speed by 25% and increasing energy regeneration by 15%.
The Brute currently has the following skin(s):
(15000 XP Mastery)
|Weapon/Item||(Projectile) Type||Damage (Range - Dmg)||Cost||Effect|
|Heavy Spinfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 1050/750-350||Free||Spinfusor Type|
|Gladiator(P)||Explosive||Direct/Splash - 1120/800 500 300||420GP / 37500XP||Projectile detonates on direct hit or 3x after short delay|
|Plasma Cannon(S)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 575/575-220||500GP / 44000XP||Very low knockback|
|Devastator Spinfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 1204/700-350||160GP / 9000XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Automatic Shotgun(S)||Hit Scan||Short/Medium - 8*50-8*19||Free||None|
|Nova Colt(S)||Hit Scan||Medium - 190-124||240GP / 21000XP||None|
|The Hammer(S)||Hit Scan||Short/Medium - 8*60||120GP / 7000XP||Higher damage, less ammo than Automatic Shotgun|
|Shocklance||Hit Scan||Energy - 700||420GP / 37500 XP||Short-Range, 1400 damage back shot|
|Fractal Grenade||Thrown||Direct - 23*410||Free||Knockback|
|Light Sticky Grenade||Thrown||Attached/Splash - 1100/1100(?)||40GP / 2400XP||Attaches to target, Knockback|
|Extended Fractal Grenade||Thrown||Direct - 40*390||160GP / 9000XP||Knockback, extended duration|
|Energy Pack||Self Buff||None||Free||Minor increase to maximum energy|
|Shield Pack||Self Buff||None||420GP / 37500XP||When damage is taken your energy is drained rather than your health|
|Survival Pack||Self Buff||None||240GP / 21000XP||Energy, HP, Run and Regen buff|
|Armor||Heavy||2400 Health||Free||Heavy Weight|
(P) - Primary Slot (S) - Secondary Slot
Perk Slot 1
- Ultra Capacitor 1 is a great perk considering that you have only 85 maximum energy, and have a shield pack that is powered off of it. A higher energy cap means that you will be a little bit safer. Not a necessary choice if you have the Energy Pack equipped.
- Bounty Hunter is also a great perk to have if you like spending your Credits for your Team's Benefit. Since you deal a large amount of damage, you will earn more credits much faster.
- Safety Third gives you extra fractal grenades and sticky grenades.
Perk Slot 2
- Survivalist on the Brute has to be one of the best combinations in the game. With the full upgrade you get 20% of your health back, and 40% of your energy, meaning even more effective health. This allows you to stay in the fight for longer than any other class. No other perks synergize this well.
- Potential Energy Many weapons (those most commonly used) in Tribes: Ascend have aoe and taking a direct hit is far less common than taking their splash damage. If you plan to have a shield pack active, this perk will make it last longer. Unlike survivalist, this does not require you to go searching for ammo drops but won't heal you either.
- Egocentric It is difficult not to get hit by your own fractal grenades and other explosives while fighting indoors. If this becomes too much of a problem, use this perk. This perk is also useful when trying to get to the base or retreat faster.
- Brutes who throw many Fractal Grenades are sometimes referred to "Disco Brutes". This "Disco" can grow if you are using the Gladiator and change color if you are using the Extended Fractal Grenade