|Energy||80 ( )|
Fusion Mortar Deluxe
|Belt||Super AP Grenade|
Heavy AP Grenade XL
The Juggernaut is the free heavy starting class in the game Tribes: Ascend.
Description[edit | edit source]
The heavy Juggernaut class has a lot of health and the ability to rain considerable amounts of damage down on his enemies. His loadout is ideal for Heavy Offense tactics like bombarding the enemy's flag stand with the Fusion Mortar or MIRV as well as warding away the pestering defense with the X1 LMG. The Juggernaut's signature weapon, the Fusion Mortar, fires slow arcing projectiles that are affected by gravity. This weapon's arming time is also valuable indoors where spamming around corners will allow the Juggernaut to deal damage but be out of the reach of his foes. The MIRV Launcher is another primary option which allows the Juggernaut to spread his artillery damage over a larger area.
This class' secondary weapons are the Spinfusor MKD, which fires disks less powerful than the Soldier's but can be used to propel the Juggernaut around the map very quickly, and the X1 LMG, a powerful automatic weapon that is deadly in the right hands. Recently the Spinfusor MK-X and Heavy Twinfusor were also added to this class' secondary weapons list.
The Juggernaut gets a Health Regen Pack which increases his rate of Health Regeneration. This is ideal for an offensive class as it allows the Juggernaut to stay near the enemy base longer and keep disrupting their defenses. His powerful Heavy AP Grenade is likewise fantastic for offense, however it is often overshadowed by the Spinfusor Disc. The Discs are an upgrade option for the Juggernaut and are "thrown" just like a regular Spinfusor disc is fired. When paired with the X1 LMG, the Discs offer a level of versitility in combat that is difficult to match, being able to thrown them almost instantly after firing an automatic burst.
Skins[edit | edit source]
The Juggernaut currently has the following skins:
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Armor Upgrades[edit | edit source]
(15000 XP Mastery)
|Weapon/Item||(Projectile) Type||Damage (Range - Dmg)||Cost||Effect|
|Fusion Mortar(P)||Ballistic||Direct - 1300 Medium/Far- 600||Free||Arced projectile, explodes on impact if after time delay, else will bounce till end of delay|
Initial - 100 Direct - 4*450 Medium/Far- 4*?
|500GP / 44000XP||Arced projectile, explodes on impact if after time delay, else will bounce till end of delay. Initial projectile splits up into smaller projectiles|
|Fusion Mortar Deluxe(P)||Ballistic||Direct - 1400 Medium/Far- 700||160GP / 9000XP||Arced projectile, explodes on impact if after time delay, else will bounce till end of delay. Faster than Fusion Mortar with smaller blast radius|
|Spinfusor MKD(S)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 840/600-300||Free||Spinfusor Type|
|Spinfusor MK-X(S)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 924/660-330||160GP / 9000XP||Spinfusor Type|
|X1 LMG(S)||Projectile||Medium - 75-50(?)||500GP / 44000XP||Brief spin-up delay|
|Heavy Twinfusor(S)||Projectile||Direct/Splash||500GP / 44000XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Shocklance||Hit Scan||Energy - 700||420GP / 37500 XP||Short-Range, 1400 damage back shot|
|Heavy AP Grenade||Thrown||Splash - 1500-450||Free||Knockback|
|Direct/Splash - 910/650-325||240GP / 44000XP||Acts like a regular Spinfusor projectile|
|Heavy AP Grenade XL||Thrown||Splash - 1300-390||120GP / 14000XP||Knockback, Larger radius|
|Health Regen Pack||Self Buff||None||Free||Faster health regeneration|
(P) - Primary Slot (S) - Secondary Slot
Tactics[edit | edit source]
RecommendedPerks[edit | edit source]
Perk Slot 1
- Ultra Capacitor is a decent option for extra energy, giving the Juggernaut an extra 10 energy points. A little extra maneuverability can be a life saver.
- Bounty Hunter is also a good option to collect on all of the kills from the Fusion Mortar. Shelling a flag can often lead to a double kill in late game, and this perk capitalizes on that potential.
- Safety Third is a fantastic choice if you've gone with the X1 LMG, as you'll likely take the Spinfusor disc along with it. Even without the LMG, the spinfusor disc is an excellent weapon. The Heavy AP Grenade also pairs well with this perk.
Perk Slot 2
- Egocentric is actually a pretty good choice since the Spinfusor is already weaker in damage and offers a larger knockback. Those things combined with this perks allows the player to better take advantage of a weapon with reduced damage. Thanks to the Juggernaut's massive health pool and quick health recovery, this is a primary method of transportation. Also, if the player uses Juggernaut in-door, chance is the player will be in the blast range of their own mortar.
- Survivalist caters to the Juggernaut's high health pool and killing potential. It's not to the same effectiveness as the Brute, but it is certainly a valid choice.
- Super Heavy is a good choice for those who would rather guard on the flag. The Juggernaut's bulky health pool and quick regeneration will help the player to stay at near the flag post for quite a long time.
- Quick Draw is an extremely useful perk for juggernauts playing offense, as it allows them to quickly switch from the Fusion Mortar to a close-in weapon to deal with incoming threats. It also pairs very well with the Spinfusor Disc, as it makes them come out even faster.
Video Guides[edit | edit source]
Juggernaut Heavy Offense (HO) Guide by Roxton