|Energy||100 ( )|
The Soldier is the free medium starting class in the game Tribes: Ascend.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Soldier is the most well-rounded class, providing players with the Tribes series signature weapon: the powerful Spinfusor. This weapon has limited ammo initially, but can be upgraded to have a larger supply. The Soldier's armor also upgrades his maximum health and decreases to the amount of time until he regenerates his health. His backup weapon, the Eagle Pistol, is a last resort weapon that can kill off stragglers. The Soldier can be at home supporting flag captures, defending the base, or destroying the opponents base with their Grenade XL. The class is good for attacking and defending bases as the Energy Pack allows the Soldier to outmaneuver comparable medium armor classes, while the Utility Pack provides him with health, ammo, energy, and movement speed. Although a common class, the Soldier is most certainly well equipped and very dangerous, capable of making a strong stance in any area of the battlefield. The Soldier can also make use of his alternate weapons; engaging enemies at longer range with their Assault Rifle, or skirmishing a bit closer with the Thumper D. To clear out a room, use Anti-Personnel grenades. For faster light units, switch to Proximity Grenades. These alternate weapons are well suited to all fields of combat and tactics, but really shine in removing multiple infantry from a tight space with hit and run maneuvers.
With the new Marksman update, the Soldier can now use the Spare Spinfusor as a secondary weapon. Pairing this with either the Assault Rifle or Gast's Rifle as a primary weapon can make the player very deadly at medium and short range (with the Spare Spinfusor), where as one cannot shoot very far distances with the Thumper D or Thumper DX. It also enables the player to be able to dish out significant damage at a further distance and at midair targets with one of the automatic rifles. This combination is a very good loadout for outdoor combat, as it allows you to deal out large amounts of damage in almost every situation.
All in all the Soldier's vast array of explosive weapons and the ability to handle himself in any area of combat makes him a mainstay on the battlefield and the most accessible class to veteran players and newer players alike.
Skins[edit | edit source]
The Soldier has one skin called Synthrall. It has the features that make it a halo look-a-like. It previously cost 975 tribes gold, but now (along with all of the other classes)costs just 475 tribes gold.
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Armor Upgrades[edit | edit source]
(15000 XP Mastery)
|Weapon/Item||(Projectile) Type||Damage (Range - Dmg)||Cost||Effect|
|Projectile||Short/Medium - 80-60||Free||None|
|Spinfusor(P)||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 910/650-325||240GP / 21000XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Gast's Rifle(P)||Projectile||Short/Medium - 85-63||120GP / 7000XP||None|
|500GP / 44000XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Thumper D(S)||Ballistic||Direct/Splash - 770/550-275||Free||Arcing projectile/1.2 second projectile lifetime|
|Eagle Pistol(S)||Hit Scan||Medium - 100-39||240GP / 21000XP||Bullets travel almost instanteneously|
|Thumper DX(S)||Ballistic||Direct/Splash - 840/600-300||40GP / 2400XP||Arcing projectile/1.2 second projectile lifetime|
|Spare Spinfusor||Projectile||Direct/Splash - 660/600-300||240GP / 21000 XP||Spinfusor Type|
|Shocklance||Hit Scan||Energy - 700||420GP / 37500 XP||Short-Range, 1400 damage back shot|
|Frag Grenade XL||Throw||Splash - 1000||Free||Larger explosion radius|
|Anti-Personnel Grenade||Throw||Splash - 1200||160GP / 9000XP||Massive damage agains players|
|Proximity Grenade||Throw||Splash - 620||240GP / 21000XP||Explodes early if enemy is in range|
|Short-Fuse Frag Grenade||Throw||Splash - 900||120GP / 7000XP||Delay before exploding is decreased|
|Energy Pack||Self Buff||N/A||Free||Increased total energy (+35 when fully upgrated)|
|Utility Pack||Self Buff||N/A||240GP / 21000XP||+100 health, +20 energy, +1 belt ammo, and +10% run speed|
|Armor||Medium||1200/1300/(1400) Health||Free||Medium Weight|
(P) - Primary Slot (S) - Secondary Slot
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Recommended Perks[edit | edit source]
Perk Slot 1
- Ultra Capacitor 1 With level 4 armor and Ultra Capacitor 2 equipped, the player could gain up to 160 energy in order to maximize mobility.
- Bounty Hunter is a great perk. Depending on how actively you participate in the fray, you might get vehicles more quickly with this as opposed to Wheel Deal (which is why it's not recommended). More credits allow you to be more flexible with your spending, and suit your needs based on how the game has progressed.
- Stealthy is viable assuming you do a lot of base raiding. It becomes especially useful when you are pestering the enemy flag and keeping the space open for your flag runner.
- Safety Third gives your grenades more range, great for both types if you find yourself throwing them often.
Perk Slot 2
- Ultra Capacitor 2 With level 4 armor and Ultra Capacitor 1 equipped, the player could gain up to 160 energy in order to maximize mobility.
- Egocentric gets you around the map quickly and relatively painlessly. good for chasing down flag runners and general maneuverability.
- Pilot is the obvious pick if you are a big fan of vehicles. It is an almost necessary perk if you've dedicated yourself as the team's shrike or beowulf. Use your health advantage to handle any of the enemy's vehicles and keep yourself safer.
- Survivalist is always a strong choice if you are frequently in the fray. Combined with bounty hunter you can keep fighting and keep the credits rolling in for orbital strikes and other big purchases. The energy boost is based off of your maximum energy, meaning you will benefit from it more than anyone else (numerically).
Video Guides[edit | edit source]
Beginners Guide To Tribes:Ascend The Soldier by ShiftyTribes
Soldier Tutorial for New Players by Scipio
Beginners Soldier Guide by Buzz (NeverStormGaming)
Beginner Soldier Guide by Jesterlogic (DoubleCrossGaming)
Soldier Class For Beginners by GrouchyGus