|Armor Type|| Medium|
|Health|| 1200 ()|
|Energy||100 ( )|
|Primary|| TCN4 SMG|
TCN4 Rockwind SMG
|Secondary|| Improved Repair Tool|
Long Range Repair Tool
|Pack|| Light Turret|
DescriptionEditThis defensive class' role is to maintain the base assets (Base Turret, Generator and the Radar Sensors). The Technician is equipped with an Improved Repair Tool that will repair at a faster rate than the emergency units on the base walls. Later he can upgrade to the Long Range Repair Tool and Repair Kit, which is a deployable repair unit. This class also has the ability to place turrets that will autonomously fire at enemy players and vehicles. It is important to note that these turrets will only be active when the team's generator is online.
Some of the Technician's weapons include the TCN4 SMG, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Thumper,and the TC24. His grenades are the TCNG which deals 1000 damage and the TCNG Quickfuse which has a faster detonation time and larger radius. Additional belt items include Motion Sensors, that sap energy as well as providing a visual and audible alert upon destruction or trip, and the Repair Kit which automatically repairs nearby objects.
The Technician is a multi-purpose base defender. He is equally good at outdoor and indoor combat, to the point that many players feel he intrudes on the Soldier's territory. Technicians are often thought of as Generator defenders, but they also defend the flag stand well with their turrets and SMG. Defending the flag also keeps the Technician closer to the outdoor base assets such as Base Turrets and Sensors, allowing him to repair them more easily.
The Technician currently has the following skin(s):
(15000 XP Mastery)
|Weapon/Item||(Projectile) Type||Damage (Range - Dmg)||Cost||Effect|
|TCN4 SMG(P)||Projectile||Medium - 80-56||Free||None|
|Thumper(P)||Ballistic||Direct/Splash - 910/650-329(?)||500Gold / 44000XP||Knockback, flies in an arc|
|TCN4 Rockwind SMG(P)||Projectile||Medium - 105-76||160Gold / 9000XP||None|
|TC24(P)||Projectile, Explosive||Direct/Splash - 425/425-185||500Gold / 44000XP||Projectile self-destructs after short delay|
|Improved Repair Tool(S)||Special||N/A||Free||Repairs base assets (Turrets, Sensors, Generator, Deployables)|
|Sawed-Off Shotgun(S)||Hit Scan||Medium - 8*80 - 8*31||240Gold / 21000XP||Shotgun|
|Sparrow(S)||Hit Scan||Medium - 90 - 35||120Gold / 7000XP||Nothing|
|Long Range Repair Tool(S)||Special||N/A||160Gold / 9000XP||Repairs base assets (Turrets, Sensors, Generator, Deployables)|
|Shocklance||Hit Scan||Energy - 700||420GP / 37500 XP||Short-Range, 1400 damage back shot|
|TCNG||Thrown||Splash - 1000||Free|
|Motion Sensor||Place Object||Proximity Trip -10||420Gold / 37500XP||Creates a sensor that, when triggered, indicates its activation and drains the energy of the enemy that tripped it.|
|TCNG Quickfuse||Thrown||Splash - 800||160Gold / 9000XP|
|Repair Kit||Deployable||N/A||240Gold / 21000XP||
Creates a device that will automatically repair base assets, will indicate its location when destroyed
|Light Turret||Deployable||Turret - 65||Free||Creates an auto-targeting turret|
|EXR Turret||Deployable||Explosive - 380||500Gold / 44000XP||Creates an auto-targeting turret|
(P) - Primary Slot (S) - Secondary Slot
Perk Slot 1
- Wheel Deal is a strong choice for the class, as often times Technicians are the vehicle drivers (given their ability to repair them). Cheaper vehicles mean that getting into the tank or a Shrike is easier to do (as well as getting another). This perk is best paired with either the Pilot or the Mechanic perk.
- Safety Third allows you to have an additional belt item placed, as well as extending the range of these. A good perk for the avid generator defender, using Motion Sensors to their fullest. It also allows an extra Repair Kit to be carried, and when fully upgraded, allows 4 Kits to be deployed. Also improves the already-powerful TCNG radius.
- Close Combat can be useful if you are trying to repair the generator, since enemy Infiltrators often hide in the gen room waiting to give you a solid backstab. The last two levels of Close Combat would counter the effect of this perk's first upgrade - a backstab will no longer insta-kill you.
- Bounty Hunter allows you to gain much more credits per kill. As every single turret you put down will be blasting apart enemies around your base, it will accumulate into a large credit pool, with which you can spend to get vehicles, upgrade base assets and call down strikes when required. Great for the base defender.
Perk Slot 2
- Pilot is an almost mandatory perk for dedicated vehicle pilots, increasing the all health of vehicles by 20% when mastered. In addition, the ejection seat upgrade allows for some high risk maneuvers and utilisation of collision damage (running over people), as well as allowing you to survive when the vehicle blows up. This perk is best paired with either Wheel Deal or Bounty Hunter.
- Mechanic is an decent choice for dedicated base defenders, as using it with the Improved Repair Tool yields the highest repair speed in the game. It is perfect if you need structures back up in a hurry. It also makes you a prime candidate for vehicle use, allowing you to negate 25% of the incurred damage on it by riding with someone else. The Repair Kit is also improved with this perk, however it cannot be used against base assets.
- Survivalist is a good option for Technician base/flag defenders as there are bound to be always ammo drops around the base to replenish your health and energy.
You really should avoid direct confrontation with this class, but if you absolutely need to, use your smg to spray the enemy and corner them. Then when they are cornered, grenade them.
Beginners Technician Guide by Buzz (NeverStormGaming)